Saturday, April 19, 2008

SAS Are "Done"

I put done in quotes because they're not quite completely done. Everything is finished except the eyes. I want to try a new eye painting method with them. Well, new for me at least. That is painting the socket area black, then painting the "white" of the eye white (obviously) over the black, and then black for the pupil. Before I would have just painted the white part and then put a black dot (roughly) in the center. But I've been looking at some photos of miniatures lately that have a black outline around the white area and I think it looks pretty good. Hopefully my attempt will turn out as well.

Spent a bit of time tonight working on my helicopter flight stands, and I'm pretty pleased with them. I glued poly-fill to the dowels and then spray painted it tan in order to give the appearance of dust being kicked up by the helicopter's rotors. It looks pretty cool, but I am concerned the poly-fill will come off quite easily. I'll have to tell the players to handle them with care.

Pictures coming soon.

3 comments:

tim said...

I'm looking forward to those pics!

I have some of those very same TAG SAS. I really like them. Unfortunately they haven't seen much action... I think the only time I used them was when I ran a Savage Worlds:Modern Ops game where four players each had a four man patrol that was entering a village to take down a "high ranking member of Al Qaeda". (you can see the AAR HERE)

It was good fun. Now that you've got me thinking about them I'm going to have to bust them out again sometime!

Michael Heagerty said...

That set-up looks awesome. Did you make those buildings yourself? Very nice.

tim said...

Thanks!

Yes, I did make them myself.