Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Added some stuff

Added some lists to the blog. This weekend I'll try to count up what I've painted this year.

As for miniatures tonight I cleaned and based 10 Assault Group (TAG) British SAS figures. By based I mean I super-glued them to 20mm Games Workshop slotta bases. I also cleaned and glued the wheels on the two (TAG) Land Rovers that I have.

Speaking of bases, I've had trouble deciding on and sticking to a particular base. I have a lot of 28mm TAG modern African minis based on washers. But with the figures I've done lately I've used the afore mentioned GW bases. I like both styles and I can't seem to stick with one or the other. Actually, I had decided to use the GW bases exclusively from now on and I was planning on re-basing the figures that are on washers. But, I was looking at some pictures of minis based on washers (or something similarly flat) and now I'm not so sure. For right now I'm sticking with the GW bases, though I doubt I'm going to re-base the other figures I have.

Later.

2 comments:

tim said...

WASHERS! Go with washers! I always found the plastic bases too light and, despite being HUGE, the models end up being top heavy and tip over more easily.

Aesthetically speaking, I also prefer washers as they are a bit thinner.

Michael Heagerty said...

I've gone back and forth a few times now with this. I had made up my mind that I was going to back to using washers, but now that I'm done I'm not so sure. Something I did different this time is I textured the entire plastic base, not just the top.