Monday, May 19, 2008

The Wall

I've really hit the wall these past few weeks as far as miniature painting is concerned. For one thing I've been busy setting up my game and doing some playtesting, along with typing up some charts for the players. This has eaten into my wargaming time budget. But also I've been pretty wiped out from work and doing things around the house.

Tonight I packed up most of my game for the trip to Maryland on Sunday. This will be good because once it's all packed away I won't be able to fool with it and hopefully I'll get some painting done. I'd like to paint my Somali warlord on a cellphone, but if I don't get him done by Sunday I have other figures that can stand in for him.

As for gaming we had a pretty cool session at Your Hobby Place in Martinsburg, West Virginia this past Sunday. I think we had about a dozen people show up. The group I was in played Eketorp and Shogun. Eketorp was a lot of fun and it was definitely different. I'd call it a resource gathering game. Shogun was my game and I've been itching to play it for awhile now. Great game. The only thing I didn't like was I spent a lot of time and brain power explaining the rules instead of playing. At least that's my excuse for coming in dead last in the 5 player game we had of it.

No comments: