Thursday, February 5, 2009

Unhappy King Charles

We finished our game with the Royalists (me) winning an auto victory. The Royalists auto win by capturing London and controlling it and at least 3 territories for two turns. Parliament can auto win by capturing the king. Marshall tried to do this and I was worried since I left him pretty exposed, but then I remembered the evasion rule and was able to slip away. Marshall complained in our podcast (http://messygameroom.libsyn.com/) about the king slipping away, but it's in the rules and from what I've read a big part of warfare in the ECW (and other conflicts too).

This pleased me both because I won and because I believe in the divine right of kings.

I really liked the game and I think I will like it even more playing it again since we were getting some of the rules wrong.

1 comment:

Marshall said...

It would seem to me, that you my dear sir, are an elitist snob, what with all your divine right of kings and such.