Monday, March 31, 2014

Painting Away

Well, not really painting.  Two main things I've been working on as far as miniatures are rebasing all of my modern Africa figures and finishing up my Dark Age minis.  And by finishing I mean completing enough figures to run a game, since I still have a few odds and ends left over, but they're mainly the Wargames Factory plastics that I don't really like anyway and will probably never finish.

One other little thing I'm doing as well is painting up three 50mm German anti-tank guns from Battlefront.  I was all set to playtest my Command Decision scenario with my son Gabriel when I realized that I had never painted the anti-tank guns that the rearguard Fallschirmjager should have.  Along with that though it's not painting I spent a decent part of this weekend putting together the weapons charts for this game.  There's a website that uses a series of dropdown menus to generate the charts, but I found that just copying and pasting from the Word docs that I downloaded from Test of Battle Games' site was easier for me to use.

As you can see from the above photo, I'm also working on some 28mm English Civil War Warlord plastics figures, along with basing some British 6 pounder anti-tank guns and a Dark Age ox cart.

This photo shows the terrain for my Command Decision game.  Looks kinda sparse to me, though my son thought it looked awesome.  Another thing I'm going to work on in the coming months is making some vineyards.  It's Italy after all.

2 comments:

Kelly Armstrong said...

Hedges and treelines can be scattered around to help break up long lines of sight. Rises too can radiate out from the hills. Looking good.

Michael Heagerty said...

My plan is to build a couple of vineyards this weekend.