Sunday, May 17, 2009

So What's Been Going On

The usual. Been playing some board games, reading some comics, watching hockey. Well, won't be watching hockey anymore with the demise of the Capitals.

I've been playing a couple of pc games, Football Manager and Pirates. Pirates is a pretty awesome game. I hate to recommend it to people though since part of the game has you playing a mini-rhythm game in order to dance with governor's daughter. Football Manager is fantastic, one of my favorite games ever, but I hate to recommend it since it's about managing a soccer team.

I've also been doing some painting. Right now I'm working on a Sisters of Battle squad for Warhammer 40K. Will I ever collect and field and entire Witch Hunters army? Maybe. My plan is to have the Sisters backed up by Imperial Guard painted with a Waffen SS camo scheme.

The more I play Cosmic Encounter the more I like it. Also, in Pandemic I have found a game that my wife is not only willing to play with me but she will ask me to play. Can't go wrong there.

3 comments:

Marshall said...

What? No mention of Aye, Dark Overlord? Where's the love?

Joe said...

I could not bring myself to log that as a play. If there was an option to log session as "absolute debacle cluster mess" I would have done that. Next free moment I get I am reading those rules.

Michael Heagerty said...

I don't know, I watched Tom Vassel's review of it and I think we played it pretty close to how it's supposed to be. He says it's more of an rpg than a card/board game, but to me it has all of the pointlessness of an rpg (as in you aren't playing to "win" the game) without any of the other stuff an rpg should have.