Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Update

I was doing pretty good with posting for awhile there, but took a week at the beach so I've fallen off lately. Anyway, figured I'd do a little update on what I've been up to.

I've been working fairly steady on my 15mm WW2 figures for Command Decision. I painted up 3 Mark III's and 3 Mark IV's (the cool ones with the skirts) along with a couple of 75mm anti-tank guns. I'm just about done a big group of German Luftwaffe infantry. I painted those by undercoating in black and then airbrushing them all over with German grey. Then I drybrushed a lighter grey over that and now I'm picking out the flesh and equipment. Once that's done I'll coat them with the Army Painter shade stuff. A quick way to paint miniatures which suites me since I'm definitely the kind of person who paints figures just to get them into a game.

I bought NCAA 10 for XBox 360 the other day. Played around a little bit with it last night. Very fun, especially the phone calls you make to prospective recruits. But, I am a little annoyed at the way EA is trying to nickle and dime me by basically offering up cheats for purchase. Oh well, capitalism at work.

Nothing new on the board game front. Still waiting for Wars of the Roses to come out. I'm almost done the book I'm reading about it. A lot of people are excited by a re-release of Space Hulk, but I'm more looking forward to the Games Workshop games that Fantasty Flight are producing.

No comments: